ATEWA Project Implementation Committee Inaugurated
An all-inclusive technical decision making and process guiding committee; Atewa Project Implementation Committee, was inaugurated by the Forestry Commission on Thursday, July 14, 2016. The committee among other responsibilities shall:
- Recommend to the Forestry Commission and the Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources measures required to attain the National Park Status;
- Oversee the process of upgrading Atewa Range Forest Reserve into a National Park Status;
- Review all proposals for the protection, management and sustainable development of the Atewa Range Forest Reserve;
- Review the plans for ecotourism development and oversee their implementation;
- Review plans for alternative livelihood schemes and benefit-sharing.
The committee, well represented by all relevant stakeholders, developed a work plan as part of immediate actions to guide the execution of its mandate during its first meeting.