Who We Are
A Rocha Ghana (ARG) is a non-governmental, non-profit environmental organization with a Christian background. The name A Rocha means ‘The Rock’ in Portuguese. The A Rocha family currently has branches in 21 countries and in 5 continents around the world and is coordinated by a central unit, A Rocha international (ARI). A Rocha Ghana was established in 1999 as the Eden Conservation Society. In 2003, Eden officially became part of the A Rocha family. Today,
With four(4) project offices spread across the Southern and Northern parts of Ghana, we have emerged as a committed environmental NGO with a wide variety of projects. These include providing practical conservation interventions aimed at contributing to the sustainable management of important ecological habitats, and initiating programs aimed at facilitating certain communities’ ability to adapt to current trends in climate change and other environmental threats.
Together caring for God’s creation always
To contribute to the effective management of the earth’s resources through sustainable and innovative actions
In all the that we do, We are identified by five core commitments and to a practical outworking of each:
- Christian – Underlying all we do is our biblical faith in the living God, who made the world, loves it and entrusts it to the care of human society.
- Conservation – We carry out research for the conservation and restoration of the natural world and run environmental education programs for people of all ages.
- Community – Through our commitment to God, each other and the wider creation, we aim to develop good relationships both within the A Rocha family and in our local communities.
- Cross-cultural – We draw on the insights and skills of people from diverse cultures, both locally and around the world.
- Cooperation – We work in partnership with a wide variety of organizations and individuals who share our concerns for a sustainable world.