Job Description — Atewa landscape Project MANAGER
A Rocha Ghana has for seven (7) years been working within the Atewa landscape to deliver sustainable landscape resource management interventions that integrates ecosystem services into development planning agenda and delivers opportunities for sustainable livelihood strategies hinged viable social and environmentally friendly green business models and value chains.
A Rocha Ghana approach to integrated landscape management reflects our commitment to collaborative natural resource governance and management, that promotes and recognizes the crucial role of all stakeholders towards a vision of inclusive green and sustainable landscape that supports the crucial water services of Atewa Forest; support ecosystem services that support agro-productivity and delivers value added livelihood, and well-being of the people living in this bio-culturally rich landscape.
Over the period of our engagement and going into the future we remain committed to the following main outcomes of interventions which we believe will transform the lives and position the landscape into landscape of sustainable prosperity:
―Government Designate Atewa as a flagship National Park, with a thriving tourist industry that supports park operations and bring much needed incomes to surrounding communities.
―A green business investment modelled landscaped that encourages people, forest and biodiversity friendly natural forest restoration, agroforestry and commercial afforestation that protect watershed for millions of Ghanaians.
―Diversify and enhance existing agro-commodities that drive local economy with ripple triple impacts on the national economy.
Location: Based in Kyebi in the Eastern Region of Ghana
Salary: Up to negotiation depending on experience.
Duration: Two years renewable
Main responsibilities and activities
1) Follow up and support the implementation of shared outcomes to transform Atewa into a sustainable landscape.
- Ensure all interventions connected to the main outcome areas are implemented in accordance with shared strategies and frameworks and approved budgets;
- Provide the facilitating and coordinating link with all stakeholders crucial to achievement of the main outcomes.
- Conduct field visits for supervision and support to all stakeholder groups and partner institutions as necessary
2) Expand the search for funding in the achievement of landscape outcomes and communicate on the project
- Support the development of proposals for public funding, private foundations and companies to achieve key landscape outcomes.
3) Ensure the administrative and financial management of the Program
- Write technical and financial reports for all interventions and expenditures
- Support with all administrative procedures as necessary for the successful achievement of the outcomes and for the operational objectives of all our interventions.
- Manage a team of staff
What we looking for in a suitable Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a development practitioner with significant rounded appreciation and capacity to balance social and ecological development. The candidate should have experience with green commodity value chain development and integrated landscape management approaches. A good experience working with stakeholders and Ghana decentralized local government system will be advantageous. The candidate must have a minimum of first degree with blended capacities and a minimum work experience of 5 years in integrated landscape management
Deadline for Applications
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter before the 25th of April 2019, to the Administrator, Email: [email protected]