Who We Are
Established in 1999, as Eden Conservation Society, A Rocha Ghana (ARG) has emerged as a committed environmental NGO providing practical conservation interventions aimed at contributing to the sustainable management of important ecological habitats and initiating programmes aimed at facilitating target community’s ability to adapt to current trends in climate change and the impacts of a changing natural environmental. In 2003 Eden officially became part of the A Rocha family (network)
As a conservation oriented organization and part of an international network of organizations working to show God’s love for creation, our core values aligns with the five (5) core values of the network forming the A Rocha International and they are:
- Christian – Underlying all we do is our biblical faith in the living God, who made world, loved it and entrusted it to the care of the humankind.
- Conservation – We carry out research for the conservation and restoration of the natural world and run environmental education programmes for people of all ages.
- Community – Through our commitment to God, each other and the wider creation, we aim to develop good relationships both within the A Rocha family and in our local communities.
- Cross-Cultural – We draw on the insights and skills of people from diverse cultures, both locally and around the world
- Cooperation – We work in collaboration with a wide variety of organizations and individuals who share our concerns for a sustainable world.
With four(4) project offices spread across the southern and northern parts of Ghana, we have emerged as a committed environmental NGO working with communities and initiating programs that benefit both communities and the environment . These include providing practical conservation interventions aimed at contributing to the sustainable management of important ecological habitats, and strengthening the capacity of communities to be resilient and adapt to current trends in climate change and other environmental threats.
Together caring for God’s creation always
To contribute to the effective management of the earth’s resources through sustainable and innovative actions.
We work to inspire and empower people to care for nature through advocacy livelihood improvement and inter-faith dialogue that hinges on research and education.